Everyone who owns a website wants it to rank high in the search engines like Google, BING and Yahoo.
SEO is using specialized techniques to optimize your web site, so that it is Search engine friendly and increases your chances of placing well in search results. Without proper optimization, the chances of placing highly in Search engine results (SERPs) for the keywords important to your business, are very low.
The Real Power Behind Inbound Marketing That Uses SEO
Is it worth your time to invest your resources, time and effort into SEO? Absolutely! When you look at how search engines are used in a broad manner, there's an array of interesting information from various studies. We looked at the more recent and valuable information for two reasons:
- Offer a compelling reason about SEO's power
- Understand how people conduct their search
Various Studies On Search Engines
According to comScore's October 2011 study, Google's is the leader
- Google experienced a search request of 65.4 percent; Yahoo followed it with 17.2 percent and Bing with 13.4 percent – all for the month of April.
- Americans carried out 20.3 billion searches in one month – Google experienced 13.4 billion searches, Yahoo followed with 3.9 billion, Bing followed with 2.7 billion, Ask Network had 518 million and AOL had 277 million.
According to the August 2011 Forrester report, billions of dollars are spent on Internet marketing. $77 billion expected to be spent in 2016; a representation of 26 percent of every advertising budget.
A 2011 Burke report denotes that search engines are the new Yellow pages. 76 percent of people say they use search engines to find out about local businesses; 74 percent used the printed yellow pages. Of that, 67 percent have used the search engines in the last 30 days to locate this information and another 23 percent said they had used online social networks for their media resource.
What Does It All Mean?
This research can only lead to some simple but important conclusions regarding search engine marketing and web search such as:
- Search engines are growing in popularity at a rate of 20 percent per year. After all, nearly every American and person online can access it.
- Search leads to a plethora amount of online and offline financial activity.
- Higher rankings are extremely important in terms of visibility.
- Listed at the top of the results tends to lead to more traffic, and it also instills customer trust to the importance of the website.
This is why you must implement the basics of SEO, especially if your goal is to attain these things for SEO Houston results.